While working on an article recently I scared up a few other blogs that are run by distance education librarians. Just this morning another appeared thanks to a pubsub feed I have. I thought you might be interested in these ones if you're reading mine. Of course each of these are dedicated to a slightly different audience - not so much distance librarianship in general. Still worth a look:
- REF:BLOG:SPOT - actually "is the unofficial and experimental blog of the Research and Information Department at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries." but is coordinated by Sherri Vokey, the Remote Services Librarian at UNLV. I knew Sherri briefly when she worked for the U of Winnipeg here in the Great White North.
- Distance Education Library Services - this is the one that just popped into my aggregator this morning, and I can't find any information about the author, other than the name "Samantha". hey Samantha, can you drop me an email; I'd like to know who and where you are! :-)
- Frequently Answered Questions - Rebecca Hedreen is the Distance Education Librarian at Southern Connecticut State University and runs this blog for her distance students.
- Distance Education Services at Atkins Library - maintained by Lisa T Nickel, Distance Education Librarian at J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
- And finallay, Ilene Frank is a
distancereference librarian (who teaches courses such as Lib Services Distance Learning) at the U of South Florida, and writes the Librarian's Blog - not specifically geared towards distance librarianship, but if distance librarianship is your background, how can it avoid the subject? ;-)
So those are the five that I know about - can you leave a comment if you know of other blogs with a distance librarianship slant?