2005 ALA Annual Preconference, Chicago, IL
Reinvented Reference: The Integration of Digital and Traditional
Friday, June 24, 2005
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The RUSA MARS/RSS Preconference Planning Committee is looking for interesting, varied case studies of libraries that have successfully integrated their digital reference service into their pre-existing, traditional reference services. Three case studies will be selected to present. Poster sessions are welcome as well.
Each of the 3 case studies presenting will have 20 minutes. Poster sessions will be set up with time for perusal during breaks and lunch.
Topics should cover any of the following:
* Staffing model
* Reference service package
* Funding model
* Other aspects of integration
Proposals should include:
1. Brief summary of presentation or poster session topic (250 words or less). Please specify whether your proposal is to present a case study or a poster session;
2. Brief description of library environment including size and type of library, user population, overview of digital reference services, other background information (100 words or less);
3. Brief biography of presenter (50 words or less).
Deadline for submission: Monday, February 28, 2005. Submit proposals via email to: David Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Laura Probst, email@example.com, or Lisa Horowitz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full description of the preconference and for information on
registering, see the ALA preconference web site at
The preconference is presented by the Machine-Assisted Reference (MARS) and Reference Services (RSS) Sections of the Reference and User Services