Rachel Singer-Gordon started a meme last week by posting about five non-library blogs, in the interest of promoting a little diversity. Meredith tagged me, so here are five that give me some inspiration outside the library world:
- Jon Udell, by, um, Jon Udell - I've posted about content from this one many times before. Jon could've been a librarian, but could've been a lot of other things too. Currently working for Microsoft, Jon is a technology and social visionary. 'nuff said.
- Digital Inspiration, by Amit Agarwal - Oddly, this is one of only a handful of my 322 subscribed feeds that comes from outside North America. Amit is like a one-man Lifehacker, and in fact LH often gets content from Amit. If you enjoy LH, check out DI as well.
- Twenty Sided, by Seamus Young - A relatively recent subscription for me - picked up for the Dungeon Master of the Rings serial. Fun stuff if you appreciate that culture :-)
- Michael Geist's Blog - Michael is a Law Professor at the University of Ottawa and a staunch supporter of copyright rights and reform, especially in Canada, but necessarily around the world as well. Maybe Canada's version of Lawrence Lessig?
- O'Reilly Radar - Interesting hearing from a progressive publisher's POV. I enjoy Tim's posts the most...