Nice changes, as noted in the U of C Collections News blog.
Introducing the New WilsonWeb CX Edition!
On January 2, 2008, WilsonWeb introduced an entirely new interface that is expected to enhance your searching experience, helping you to find relevant information quickly and easily. You will find much that is familiar, and yet, many new enhancements to WilsonWeb, including:
- Translation capability – on the Full Text HTML page, you can now translate from English to French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, or Korean.
- You will find a new layout that utilizes tabs to help you limit your search results to Full Text HTML, Full Text PDF, Peer-Reviewed articles, Images, and Bios/Obits, as appropriate to the database you are searching.
- The popular “Suggested Subjects” are now listed on the left side of your search results screen and have been expanded, offering additional subjects that you might find of interest.
- You will now find on your search results screen a new “Find” search box that allows you to search within your results set, or launch an entirely new search for information.
- Navigational improvements have been made that are almost too numerous to list here. We feel confident, however, that you will find moving around within WilsonWeb easy and quick.
- There are new simplified ways to Print, Email or Save records, and to create emailed Alerts.
- Notice on the search screens a new “Quick Links” dropdown box. We have included a link to our Journal Directory, however, your library will be able to create up to 3 customized links of their own.
- Now that WilsonWeb is “frameless,” you will notice that everything about WilsonWeb should be faster. Pages will load quickly and your search results will be returned faster than previously.
- Specific databases, such as Art Museum Image Gallery, biography databases, Current Issues: Reference Shelf Plus and Current Issues in Health databases all enjoy a new, fresh interface as well.