Two big announcements from Techsmith last week. First Jing Pro is being retired. Looks like the free version will stick around, but in order to use the more advanced features offered by Pro you'll have to switch over to the latest version of Snagit, which now records video. The folks who've taken the time to comment don't seem pleased with the decision to retire Jing Pro, so we'll see what the next year brings; maybe Techsmith will reconsider.
The second piece of news was alluded to above: there's a new version of Snagit out for both Windows and Mac, and it sports a host of new features, including greatly-enhanced video recording. From the Techsmith blog post:
What's new in Snagit?
- Video Capture (Windows and Mac)
- Video Outputs to Camtasia Studio, Screencast.com, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter (Windows and Mac)
- Image Outputs to Facebook, Twitter and Evernote (Windows and Mac)
- New Stamps (Windows and Mac)
- Paste from Clipboard (Windows and Mac)
- Centered Canvas (Windows)
- Updated, time saving profiles and more available to download (Windows)
- Easier Resizing (Windows)
- More Zoom Options (Windows)
- Spell Check (Windows)
- Change Canvas Color (Mac)
- Color Filters (Mac)
- Webcam Image Capture (Mac)
I use Snagit every day on my Windows machine, but almost never on my MacBook, opting instead for Skitch. I'll certainly give Snagit another go on the Mac though...