Totally reproducing a press release here, but there is no affiliate link included, it's just a friendly FYI if you've got kids interested in programming (or like to learn at a kids' level ;-)
Summer can be tough on kids, and cabin fever can be even worse for parents. But with the new ebook bundle from No Starch Press, boredom is banished. San Francisco-based No Starch Press has a history of publishing smart books for curious kids, and now, with its Humble "School's Out!" Bundle, readers can pay what they want for a selection of its best books for kids, valued at over $300.
"This bundle includes great books on Arduino, Linux, Scratch programming, science, and even LEGO robotics," says Bill Pollock, No Starch Press founder. "No matter where your interests lie, you'll find something cool that makes learning fun. For the price of a frappuccino, you can get a whole geeky summer camp in a box!"
And as with the previous Humble Bundle presented by No Starch Press, every sale benefits organizations that make a real difference. Pollock explains, "I was excited that our readers raised over $100,000 for the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Freedom of the Press Foundation in February, with our previous Humble ebook Bundle. We're happy to be doing it again—parents get great books for their kids (and themselves!) and support organizations that matter."
Customers who pay any amount receive:
- Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program by Making Cool Games
- The LEGO Adventure Book, Vol. 2: Spaceships, Pirates, Dragons & More!
- The Manga Guide to Databases
- Wonderful Life with the Elements
- The Art of LEGO Design
Customers who pay more than the average user also receive:
- The Unofficial LEGO Technic Builder's Guide
- Learn to Program with Scratch
- Arduino Workshop: A Hands-On Introduction with 65 Projects
- The Linux Command Line
And customers who pay $17 or more receive all of the above, plus:
- The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book: A Beginner's Guide to Building and Programming Robots
- Teach Your Kids to Code: A Parent-Friendly Guide to Python Programming
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Readers can choose how much of their payment goes to No Starch Press, Humble Bundle, and the nonprofits (the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Freedom of the Press Foundation).
The Humble "School's Out!" Bundle runs for two weeks and ends July 1, 2015, at 2pm EST.