Apparently parts of this have been around for a couple of years, but it just came on my radar last week with this blog post.
Did you know that Excel can do lookups from providers like Wolfram, Bing, and Power BI on a bunch of different data types? Only available with a Live365 (and/or institutional?) account though, but that covers MPOW. Here's the overview page at Microsoft.
A partial list (you provide the first part, Excel will return data on the second):
- Food: calories, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, nutrients, etc.
- Exercise: exercise types and calories burned.
- Locations: zip codes, economic data, airports, schools, forests, etc.
- Universities: graduation rates, tuition, student body, etc.
- Chemistry: elements, compounds, and minerals.
- Space: planets, moons, satellites, supernovas, space missions, etc.
- Movies: actors, characters, directors, release dates, poster art, etc.
- And More: music, plants, animal breeds, famous people, languages, etc.
I was going to do a little screencast, but there are good ones already out there.
You can even define your own data types.
I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with this, but at least now that I know about it, I'll keep my thinking cap on!