This ought to be up the alley of quite a few of you:
Editors of the forthcoming ACRL publications book Embedded Librarians: Moving beyond one-shot instruction, to be published late 2010, seek proposals for chapters from skilled librarians who have researched and/or implemented an embedded librarian program. The book will provide an overview of embedded librarianship within higher education. Chapters are sought about strategies for and experiences of creating a long-term embedded presence in multiple non-library settings, both online and in-person.
Potential topics include:
- Defining "embedded librarianship"
- History and background of embedded librarianship
- Embedding in the first year experience
- Embedding within departments
- Collaborating across departments to encourage embedded projects
- Embedding in online course management systems
- Embedding in the enterprise
- Assessing the success of embedded projects
- Future opportunities in embedded librarianship